Please note: This course is a hybrid model and requires 35+ hours of self-paced preparation and learning. Materials must be completed prior to the start of the in-person class on June 3, 2023.
Course Host: College of St. Scholastica
Outdoor Pursuits Program
Dates: June 3-7, 2023
Times: 8:00am-5:30pm each day
Location: College of St. Scholastica
Course Topics Include:
Class Status: Open
About the WFR
The Wilderness First Responder course is the recognized industry standard for people who work or have a leadership role in remote environments including wilderness guides and trip leaders, camp counselors, research expedition members, and search and rescue team members. More information.
Successful completion is based on attendance, participation, demonstration of skill competence, and a written exam. Participants who meet completion requirements will receive the following certifications:
- Wilderness First Responder
- CPR and AED for Adults and Children
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Administration
Please read and review LWM's Course Policies, including attendance and cancellation, prior to enrolling. Enrollment does require your acknowledgment and acceptance of these policies.
- The LWM Wilderness First Responder training meets the American Camp Association 2012 Standards and is an accepted Wilderness First Aid provider of the Boy Scouts of America.
- LWM's certification is nationally recognized and, with training officer approval, can be used for NREMT continuing education.
- Fellowship of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) credits are available after participation in the WFR course.