Please note: This course is fully in person with no pre-course learning requirement.
Course Host: Northwest Outward Bound School
Dates: October 3-11, 2023
Times: 8:00am-5:30pm each day
Location: Mazama, WA
Course Topics Include:
Class Status: Registration opens in mid-June 2023
About the WFR
The Wilderness First Responder course is the recognized industry standard for people who work or have a leadership role in remote environments including wilderness guides and trip leaders, camp counselors, research expedition members, and search and rescue team members. More information.
Successful completion is based on attendance, participation, demonstration of skill competence, and a written exam. Participants who meet completion requirements will receive the following certifications:
- Wilderness First Responder
- CPR and AED for Adults and Children
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Administration
Please read and review LWM's Course Policies, including attendance and cancellation, prior to enrolling. Enrollment does require your acknowledgment and acceptance of these policies.
- The LWM Wilderness First Responder training meets the American Camp Association 2012 Standards and is an accepted Wilderness First Aid provider of the Boy Scouts of America.
- LWM's certification is nationally recognized and, with training officer approval, can be used for NREMT continuing education.
- Fellowship of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) credits are available after participation in the WFR course.