Course Host: Longleaf Wilderness Medicine
Dates: Friday/Saturday, October 27-28, 2023
Times: 8:00am to 5:00pm each day
Location: First Baptist Church of Sandpoint
Green House Building
1220 Michigan Avenue
Sandpoint, ID 83864
Course Topics Include:
Class Status: Open
Standard first aid does not provide the skills or knowledge to respond when emergency services are delayed or unavailable. The 16-hour Wilderness First Aid course includes lectures, skills labs and scenario practice designed to help you feel ready to respond to medical emergencies, treat injuries and illnesses, and improvise solutions with the items you carry. More information
IS wfa for me?
No experience is necessary to take a WFA course - for many people, it may be the first experience they have with first aid. The WFA course is a great choice to meet certification needs required for employment or volunteer opportunities as well as for anyone who:
- Enjoys recreating in areas where response may be greater than one hour away
- Lives or works in an area where emergency care may be delayed
- Is curious about injuries and illnesses that may occur in remote areas and how to respond
Pre-Requisites and Certification Information
- Participants must be at least 16 years old to enroll in the course.
- LWM Wilderness First Aid certifications are valid for two years from the date of successful course completion. Recertification is achieved by taking another Wilderness First Aid course.
- The LWM Wilderness First Aid training meets the American Camp Association 2012 Standards and is an accepted Wilderness First Aid provider of the Boy Scouts of America.
Please read and review LWM's Course Policies, including attendance and cancellation, prior to enrolling. Enrollment does require your acknowledgment and acceptance of these policies.